Most of the Pan American ride research that I have done for this trip has been through the ADVRider forum (www.advrider.com/forums) and Horizons Unlimited (www.horizonsunlimited.com). Here are some links to links to webpages, forum threads and any other resources that I have found to be helpful/inspiring.
I will continue to add to this page as our preparation continues and if you have any links to information that you think others might find useful, please submit it in the comments box at the bottom and I will include it in the list.
Inspiration from Similar Pan American Rides
- www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170331&highlight=alaska+cheap+aussie – Great story (bit of a language warning though)
- www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534007 – Some cool modifications to a DR.
Visas and Country Information for Pan American Ride
- Argentina – http://argentinasydney.org.au/english/?page_id=126
- Canada – www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/visit/visas.asp
- Mexico – www.worldtravelguide.net/mexico/passport-visa
- Guatemala – www.worldtravelguide.net/country/107/passport_visa/Central-America/Guatemala.html
- Honduras – www.worldtravelguide.net/country/114/passport_visa/Central-America/Honduras.html
- El Salvador – www.worldtravelguide.net/country/81/passport_visa/Central-America/El-Salvador.html
- Nicagura www.worldtravelguide.net/country/198/passport_visa/Central-America/Nicaragua.html
- Mexico and Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
- Panama to Colombia by boat
- Drive the Americas – Overland travel advice