Riding the North Coast 500 (NC500) by motorcycle is a must for anyone touring Scotland, or indeed the UK. The route highlights all of the best bits of the Highlands. From the twists and turns of the epic Bealach Na Ba to humble fishing villages way up North. Lined with natural beauty for each of the 500+ miles, this journey is one to savour and take your time with.This version of the North Coast 500 sticks to the main route and covers it in seven days. We also offer a longer version, that also takes in the Isle of Skye and our Scottish Highlands and North Coast 500 tour, out of Edinburgh.
- Surface: 100% paved road
- Difficulty: All levels of experience. Suitable for pillions.
- Riding Distance: Around 657 miles, 984 km
- Dates: Ride from April to November.
Here are just a few of the main highlights you will see on your North Coast 500 self-guided motorcycle tour:
- Conquer the famous ‘Bealach Na Ba’
- Visit John o’Groats, the most northerly village in mainland Britain
- Explore the Scottish Highlands
- Discover spectacular lochs and beaches
What you get
- GPS route (.GPX file)
- Detailed route notes
- Hotel and guesthouse accommodation suggestions
- Suggestions for the best food, distilleries and sights along the route
Want more help
We can also help with rentals and self-guided tours along the North Coast 500.